Our History

Praise Tabernacle had it’s beginnings in a September 1993 prayer meeting. Under the leadership of Pastor Daniel and Elisabet Iampaglia, they forged a new path for a group of people desiring to see God do great things in and through their lives. For the first three years, the church rented from various congregations and at times met in members homes. In February of 1996, this young congregation was able to purchase a building on Irving Park Road in the Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago, and for the next nine years this would be home.

However, God had a different plan for Praise Tabernacle and in the spring of 2005, we were able to sell the facility on Irving Park Road and purchase our current location at 1748 W. Devon Ave. The miracle was that we were able to purchase the Devon location without taking on a mortgage. The building provides us with Sunday School rooms, a fellowship hall and comfortable setting in which we can worship the Lord. September 2008 marked the 15th anniversary of Praise Tabernacle and we can truly say that God has been faithful!